Megan E. Green, CFLS*Partner Family Law
Megan Green is a Certified Family Law Specialist* and Partner in the Family Law Department at Feinberg, Mindel, Brandt and Klein, LLP. Megan has been practicing family law for 19 years. Her practice focuses on complex child custody disputes, including move away cases, as well as division and characterization of assets and debts, determination of child and spousal support, tracing of assets, fiduciary duty obligations, transmutations, business valuations, paternity disputes, and palimony actions.
Megan earned recognition by Southern California Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” from 2010-2018, and a “Super Lawyer” each consecutive year since 2019 . She was named under “Top Women Attorneys in Southern California”, a special section featured in Los Angeles Magazine, and has also been selected for inclusion on the Top 100 Up And Coming attorneys in Southern California and the Top 50 Up And Coming women attorneys in Southern California.
Megan is a proud alumna of Southwestern University School of Law, where she was a member of the Trial Advocacy Honors Program, symposium editor for the Journal of Law and Trade in the Americas, President of the Family Law Society, and university liaison with the American Bar Association. During law school, Megan was honored with an externship with Family Law Judicial Officer, the Honorable Roy Paul. Prior to attending law school, Megan received her Bachelor of Arts from Auburn University, where she served as Student Body President of the College of Liberal Arts, interned for the Supreme Court of Alabama, and was a member of the Kappa Delta Sorority. Megan remains an active alumna of her Alma Maters and recently served as a guest lecturer for Southwestern School of Law’s Negotiation and Legal Writing Course (2015). Megan is dedicated to professional excellence. She was a participant in the Family Law Branch of the American Inns of Court in Los Angeles, a foundation designed to improve the skills, professionalism and ethics of the bench and bar.
Megan prides herself on her client-centered approach to legal practice. Her professional philosophy draws on Theodore Roosevelt’s ideology, “speak softly, and carry a big stick.” She believes strong advocacy requires both reasoned negotiation and decisive litigation strategies. Megan advocates vigorously for her clients in both respects, while simultaneously counseling them through what is often the most tumultuous experience of their lives.
- California, 2003
- U.S. District Court, 2003
- Washington, D.C., 2007
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Member, Beverly Hills Bar Association (BHBA)
- Board of Governors, 2014-present
- Family Law Executive Committee (FLEXCOM), 2003-present
- Member, Entertainment Law Section, 2013-present
- Barristers’ Board, 2003-2009
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Family Law Section
- Former Board member of the Beverly Hills Bar Association and member of the Barristers’ board.
- The American Inns of Court
- Family Law Branch, Los Angeles (2011-2013).
- Member, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA)
Honors, Awards & Accomplishments
- Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Named a Super Lawyer by LA Magazine , 2019 – Present
- Named a Rising Star by LA Magazine , 2010-2018
- Named an Up-And-Coming Top 50 Women Attorney, 2015-2018
- Named an Up-And-Coming Top 100 Attorney, 2015-2018
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- Named “10 Best Under 40” for Southern California
- Recipient of the Beverly Hills Bar Association Barristers’ Lawrence J. Blake award for her outstanding achievement in community service, 2007
- Completed South Texas College of Law, Family Law Trial Institute’s family law trial skills and family law advocacy course, 2012
- Los Angeles Superior Court
- Daily Settlement Officer for Dept. 2, 2014-Present
- Beverly Hills Bar Association Barristers, 2004-2007
- Homeless Project Chairperson
- Founding Friend, Los Angeles Trial Lawyers Charities (“LATLC”), an organization dedicated to community service, 2006
- Volunteer, Harriett Buhai Center for Family Law volunteer to assist lower-income families in divorce cases, 2002-2005
- “Songs That Comfort and Inspire Me During The Covid-19 Shutdown” – Divorced Moms Magazine, April Edition 2020
- “Valentine’s Day – Wise Words From the Wisest on Love” – Divorced Moms Magazine, February Edition 2020
- “Managing Your Client’s Emotions” – Attorney at Law Magazine Vol. 2 No. 7, 2016.
- Los Angeles Lawyer Magazine “Undoing Capacity” (co-authorship with Partner (Ret.), Howard Klein) – Los Angeles Lawyer Magazine, 2014.
- Divorce Magazine– “How to Divide Retirement Plans Upon Dissolution”, 2011
- Lectured for the National Business Institute’s MCLA Program Divorce Cases from Start to Finish, “Marital Settlement Agreements, Pitfalls, Drafting Tips, and More,” 2020
- Co-Lectured for the California Lawyers Association, “Defending a Deposition” 2019
- Co-lectured for the BHBA Family Law Nuts & Bolts Series, “How to Defend a Deposition,” 2018
- Co-presented with Judge Harvey A. Silberman for the Southern California Family Law American Inns of Court, “New Cases on Domestic Violence,” Oct 2016
- Co-lectured for the BHBA, “I Transmute my Sole and Separate Residence to Us as Community Property…Til Death…or Divorce…Do Us Part…,” 2015
- Guest lecturer at Southwestern Law School’s Negotiation/Legal Writing class, 2015
- Co-lectured for the BHBA, “Oh What A Tangled Web We Weave When First We Practice To Deceive,” Marriage of Feldman, 2007
*Certified Family Law Specialist by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization