Alex Grager, CFLS*Partner Family Law
Alex Grager is a Certified Family Law Specialist with experience in every type of dispute between couples, in married and non-married relationships. He represents clients in all stages of family law proceedings and specializes in high conflict custody cases, complex property issues, and matters involving domestic violence. His litigated cases include several international child custody disputes, one of which resulted in a published appellate decision, and a multi-million-dollar breach of fiduciary duties.
Alex understands that family law involves some of life’s most difficult transitions. He listens to the client’s objectives and develops a strategy for each unique situation, with the end goal in mind, and an eye towards minimizing the emotional impact of divorce. His psychology background helps him focus on the client’s needs and offer appropriate solutions.
Alex often involves other professionals such as forensic accountants, financial advisors and mental-health professionals to ensure his clients have the best all-around representation. He believes in strong advocacy and uses various forms of alternative dispute resolution to achieve a negotiated outcome. If a reasonable settlement is not within reach, Alex carefully prepares and presents the case and vigorously protects his client’s rights in court.
Alex Grager is a member of the Association of Certified Family Law Specialists, Los Angeles County Bar Association and the Beverly Hills Bar Association, where he serves on the Family Law Executive Committee. His honors include the Beverly Hills Bar Association Lawrence J. Blake award for his community service, as well as a number of accolades for his work through the Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles. Alex regularly presents on family law and related areas at continuing legal education programs.
Alex Grager was named a Rising Star by Los Angeles Magazine every year from 2009-2019 and a SuperLawyer in 2020-2023. He is fluent in Russian.
- California, 2004
- S. District Court Central District of California
- S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member (LACBA)
- Family Law Section (2004 – Present)
- Member, Beverly Hills Bar Association (BHBA)
- Board of Governors (2019-2022)
- Family Law Section Executive Committee (2011 – Present)
- Member, Association of Certified Family Law Specialists (ACFLS)
HONORS, AWARDS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Lawrence J. Blake Barristers Public Service Award
- Super Lawyers
- Named a Rising Star by LA Magazine (2009-2019)
- Named a Super Lawyer by LA Magazine (2020-present)
- Speaker, “Leaders, Followers, Partners: Marital Rights & Duties Around the Globe” Cultural Competency Seminar, Iranian American Lawyers Association
- Moderator, “Until Death (or Children, or Exes) Do Us Part: Family Adventures in Probate and Estates”, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Speaker, Cross Over Issues in Family Law and Criminal Law, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Speaker, Cross Over Issues in Family Law and Juvenile Dependency, Beverly Hills Bar Association, Culver Marina Bar Association
- Speaker, Introduction to Family Law, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Speaker, Upgrade your Law Practice, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Speaker, “Domestic Violence Restraining Orders and the Art of Evidentiary Hearing” with Hon. Lawrence Riff and Lauren Youngman, Esq., Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Speaker, “Practicing Family Law during COVID-19” with Hon. Keith Clemens and Al Provinziano, Esq., Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Speaker, “Tax Tips and Tricks for the Family Law Practitioner” with Igor Drabkin, Esq. and Jennifer Magnes, CPA, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Speaker, “Deep Dive into Moore-Marsden and F.C. §2640 Reimbursements: Practical Application for Complex Divorce Cases” with James Reape, Esq. and Robert Watts, CPA, California Society of CPA’s.
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles
- Harriet Buhai Family Law Center
- Do Not Wait: Raise Your Concerns Timely or Run the Risk of the Statute of Limitations, Attorney at Law Magazine Vol. 3 No. 1, 2017
- “Brad’s Unhappy Holiday” – Us Weekly Magazine